Undergraduate Minors in Government


Students who are not Government majors may pursue an undergraduate minor. Both a general minor in government and a minor in a specific subfield are available. The subfields are Public Administration, American Government and Politics, International Relations, Comparative Politics, Political Theory, and Public Law.

Minors consist of 18 credits in Government with at least 9 credits in regular upper division courses (numbered 300-499). Specifically required are POLS 100G (American National Government) and POLS 110G (Introduction to Political Science). For the general minor, three upper division courses must be from different subfields. For a subfield minor, three upper division courses must be in the same subfield. Note that Government majors may pursue a subfield minor, but cannot double count courses taken for the major. For more specifics about the minor, see the Undergraduate Catalog.