Alumni and friends have been of critical importance to the ability of the faculty, staff and students to meet the mission of the Department of Government. By contributing to an existing scholarship endowment or creating a new one to reflect your values and interests, you are invited to join others who share your passion for political science, public affairs and international relations. To discuss the ways that you can make your mark in a way that serves future students, the faculty, and the field of study, please contact the Department head, Dr. Neil Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continuing support.
- Donald Kreitzer Government Scholarship Named in honor of Dr. Kreitzer, a student-centered political science and prelaw professor, this scholarship rewards outstanding majors in the Government Department.
- Donald Kreitzer Law & Society Scholarship Named in honor of Dr. Kreitzer, a student-centered political science and prelaw professor, this award recognizes excellence among Law & Society majors.
- Nick Franklin Faculty & Student Development Funds This fund enables faculty and students to be actively engaged in scholarship and the dissemination of new knowledge.
- Roque M. Lujan Scholarship Honoring the memory of Roque M. Lujan, these scholarships are open to graduate students in Public Administration and Government.
- Social Justice Award Presented annually at the University’s J. Paul Taylor Social Justice Symposium, this award honors those students, faculty and staff who contribute in extraordinary ways to social justice in the community.
- Sugerman Endowment for the Model U.N. Named in honor of long-term NMSU Model U.N. supporter, Col. Leonard Sugerman, this endowment supports the activities of the dynamic Model United Nations program. Visit the Model UN’s web site at: http://www.nmsu.edu/~govdept/modelun/index.html