Undergraduate Minors in Government

Students who are not Government majors may pursue an undergraduate minor.  Both a general minor in government and a minor in a specific subfield are available. The subfields are Public Administration, American Politics, International Relations, Comparative Politics, Political Theory, and Public Law.

Minors consist of 18 credits in Government with at least 9 credits in regular upper division courses (numbered 300-499). Specifically required are GOVT 100G (American National Government) and GOVT 110G (Introduction to Political Science). For the general minor, three upper division courses must be from different subfields.  For a subfield minor, three upper division courses must be in the same subfield.  Note that Government majors may pursue a subfield minor, but cannot double count courses taken for the major.  For more specifics about the minor, see the Undergraduate Catalog.